Greek mountain tea, “”Sideritis scardic”” (translated as ‘he who is made of iron’) also known as ironwort, mountain tea (or shepherd’s tea) and has been enjoyed for 1,000 years for its pharmaceutical properties and biological activities that are beneficial to our human bodies. It is also one of the few herbs that have no contradictions nor side-effects due to over consumption, making it an excellent choice to enjoy safely be it cold or hot to warm or refreshing our body and shielding our health.
Greek mountain tea has been part of the mediterranean diet for centuries, they are very popular in Greece, Turkey, Albania, Kosovo, Bulgaria and the Republic of Macedonia.
Benefits of Organic Greek Mountain Tea
– boost and strengthen immune system;
– traditionally to fight common cold, cough, bronchitis, bronchial asthma in Greece;
– suppress other viruses, allergies, sinus congestion;
– high in anti-oxidants properties to help to detox several vital organs such as liver and kidneys;
– aid digestion, stomach problem, gastrointestinal problem such as stomach infection, stomach pain, acid reflux and minor heartburns (has natural antimicrobial properties against bacteria);
– known to help lower blood pressure and help blood vessels to relax;
– helps to lift up the mood and reduce anxiety problem;
– increase bone mineral density, maintain good bone health and preventing bone loss from occurring as we age which will help to avoid osteoporosis, ;
– rich in iron, helps to protect against anaemia;
ABOUT THE PRODUCER: INONI GREEK ORGANIC HERBS
INONI is by 2 sisters, Renela and Alexia Giannakopoulou, with whom are scientific training and both are concerning the natural environment. The 2 sisters are graduates of the Faculty of Forestry and Natural Environment of AUTH. Both are also forester and environmentalist. Alexia has also received her PhD in Active Substances of Pharmaceutical Aromatic Plants.
Their farmland is situated on a hill of Monopigado, northern Greece, 30km from Thessaloniki, ideal for organic cultivation. The appropriate altitude with a particularly favourable microclimate, as shown by soil analysis and surveys related to the adaptability of aromatic plants to specific conditions, to successfully grow the crops. They aim to offer consumer premium quality products with unique taste. Most importantly, completely free of pesticide, hormones and chemical additives. Also they seek every consumer to understand the importance of the sustainability of natural resources.
Harvesting is all by hand, reducing carbon footprint to the environment. Harvested herbs are selected carefully before they are sealed in air-tight environment.